One of the great features in Dynamics CRM is being able to display data or websites from other software packages via an iframe. While working with the Office 365 products, I wanted to display a Sharepoint iframe in CRM 2011. As I accessed the iframe in CRM, I received the message "This content cannot be displayed in a frame".
With a few changes to the Internet Explorer settings we can make this page display correctly.
- Open the internet explorer tools and open the Security tab.
- Now select your trusted sites and select sites.
- Make sure you have your CRM site as well as your SharePoint site add to the trusted zone.
- Once you have your trusted sites setup, then select custom level from the Security tab
- Browse about half way down the list till you see the setting for Displaying Mixed Mode. Set this option to "enable".
- Select ok and restart your Internet Explorer. Now when you log in the iframe displays correctly.
Hope this CRM tip save you some time!
Thanks Joe. Almost forgot about the good ol' iframes since the new release of 2011. Sharepoint integration is crm is still at a pretty basic level. Any idea if the drag and drop of documents into sharpeoint will work via this method ? Also, can we use the workflows from sharepoint for the crm users ? thx.
Great info, thanks.
How do you create iFreame where lists normal is Places and not in a Form? Your first image.
Hi, I'm also inteterested in a way of inserting Iframe in entity main page.
Great post, but I'm getting all kinds of Jscript errors. Like "Unable to get value (scrEmlement)"
Anyone have an idea?
Is the CRM 2013 unable to run in an IFrame?
Can you display CRM 2013 in an IFrame?
Hi Florin - Yes - you can display parts of crm 2013 in an frame in another application. You have to take into account authentication. SO either both apps need to be using adfsclaims OR on prem ad auth.