About the Position
PowerObjects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
PowerObjects, an HCL Technologies Company is seeking a Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect to join our award-winning global team. The Power Platform Solution Architect carries the ultimate responsibility for meeting the customer requirements and completing the project and will be comfortable in all aspects of delivery. The Power Platform Solution Architect must be capable of switching between facilitating/running customer-facing design/envisioning workshops, leading a group of functional consultants and business analysts, managing development teams, either customer-based or PowerObjects' centric onshore and offshore teams, as well as working with project and programme managers to effectively report on progress and risks and issues – to liaising with both internal and senior customer stakeholders – adjusting the approach and language as required for each interaction. The candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, have the ability to multitask, be meticulously organised, and be able to prioritise multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use design thinking concepts to help business decision-makers establish the primary goal for projects using an approach that encourages them to think beyond simply making existing processes more efficient.
- Ability to determine the best design approach regarding the overall solution, including system design, data integration and migration.
- Ability to act as a functional lead and demonstrate a clear approach to methodology and functional capabilities. Leads functional workshops with customers, documents requirements and designs appropriate solutions.
- Ability to act as an interface/integration/migration lead and demonstrate a clear methodology and technical capabilities approach. Leads integration workshops with customers, documents requirements and designs appropriate solutions.
- Act as development lead and demonstrate a wide range of development skills. Be a strong advocate for adherence to standards and best practices. Understand the development team's capabilities and schedule their work appropriately, providing support and assistance when needed.
- Work with and advise customers and internal teams on best practices on infrastructure architecture where required.
- Write and review high level and detailed architecture documentation.
- Create Solution, Functional and Technical Specifications documentation for the project.
- Have a good level of knowledge of all components of the Power Platform and stay current on Power Platform and related technologies, particularly Azure stack technologies that support the solution.
- Mentor junior staff, sharing knowledge and experience to ensure that the team grows in experience and effectiveness.
- Expected to be flexible with time and capable of working in a process-oriented environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to operate within cross-functional teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Exhibit PowerObjects Guiding Principles
- Proven experience as either a technical lead, technical architect, or solution architect with Power Platform or Dynamics 365
- At least two end-to-end full life cycle implementations of Microsoft Dynamics 365 or the Power Platform
- Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Application Integration and Architecture patterns
- Knowledge and experience with developing Model-driven and Canvas apps, as well as an understanding of the difference between them
- Expertise in the Power Platform CoE and all governance components
- Familiar with Azure DevOps or other similar enterprise planning and delivery tools
- Proven experience working in both Agile/Waterfall project delivery
- Ability to collaborate with functional teams with both onshore and offshore resources
- Ability to demonstrate a clear approach to methodology as well as functional capabilities
- Ability to balance short-term demands while maintaining the long-term vision needed to guide a customer through the implementation process
- Feels comfortable talking with clients at all levels within an organisation
- Expected to be flexible with time and capable of working in a process-oriented environment
- Comfortable participating and contributing to pre-sales engagements
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the Power Platform, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI or Power Virtual Agents OR equivalent experience.
- First-hand professional experience within a consultancy environment
- Experience working with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technologies and tools, such as Power Automate Desktop, Ui Path, Blue Prism
- Expert with Power BI development for dashboards, reports, and standalone visuals
- Knowledge of UML, BPMN and ArchiMate is desirable
- Experience in solution delivery with tools other than Power Platform such as Office 365, D365, etc.