About the Position
HCL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
HCL Technologies' Microsoft Business Applications Practice ("MBAP" formerly, PowerObjects) is looking for a Business Development Director to join their award winning and growing team. The primary function of the Business Development Director is to meet or exceed the sales goals as put forth in the annual sales plan. To accomplish this, the Business Development Director will actively develop sales opportunities with both prospective and existing customers. The Business Development Director will effectively manage all facets of sales opportunities in a professional and ethical manner focused on delivering value and solutions that meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
Candidate for this role will be based in India but cater to customers in APAC and EMEA geographies. Balance between farming existing HCL accounts and hunting for new logos.
- Exhibit the Guiding Principles of PowerObjects
- Attain/Maintain Microsoft Dynamics 365 certification(s), as required
- Build and maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline of sales opportunities to ensure that sales goals are consistently met or exceeded
- Successfully lead and execute the sales process in partnership with various contacts and roles within Microsoft, our strategic business partner. This is of critical importance for this position
- Prospect and penetrate a list of named accounts as assigned via professional prospecting and networking direct with target HCL accounts and also via the Microsoft account teams assigned to those accounts. This is also of critical importance for this position
- Manage all opportunities using the PowerObjects Proven Process methodology
- Utilize the CRM system following established processes to manage and track all leads, activities, prospects, opportunities, etc.
- Act as the primary liaison and contact accountable to customers to ensure that expectations are properly set, met or exceeded
- Develop and maintain on-going relationship with existing customers to ensure that we retain them and continue to be the partner of choice
- Actively participate in any sales/skills development or training opportunities or programs offered
- Read, understand and follow any policies and procedures specific to the sales team as well as the general policies and procedures of PowerObjects
- Other duties and requirements as needed or assigned
Key Measurements of Performance
- Meet or exceed sales goals as established in the annual sales plan
- Maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline as established in annual sales plan
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the appropriate HCL and Microsoft team members
- Mastery of the PowerObjects Proven Process methodology
- All business activities conducted in an ethical and prudent manner
- All required reports and information is updated and/or submitted within the designated timeframe(s)