About the Position
HCL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
HCL Technologies' Microsoft Business Applications Practice ("MBAP" formerly, PowerObjects) is seeking a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Programme Director (PD) to join their award winning and growing team. This individual will act as a managing subject matter expert regarding Microsoft Dynamics 365 projects (implementations, customisations, upgrades, integrations, and more).
The PD will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance for a team of D365 Consultants, ensuring project success, offshore team management, best practices, training, and mentorship.
The candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, have an excellent ability to multitask, be meticulously organized, and be able to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment. The PD carries the ultimate responsibility of ensuring the overall success of customer projects.
- Delivery Success: Provide proactive and reactive support in managing the success of team’s delivered projects. Be involved in different levels of project processes and provide input wherever needed to enable projects to be successful. Manage customer and internal escalations.
- Dynamics 365 Subject Matter Expertise: Extensive project delivery experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365; this includes D365 system design, customization, installation, deployment, architecture, and more.
- Process/Project Review: Bottom line, quality control, and improvement of project across integrations, migrations, reports, portals, custom development, customisations, plug-ins etc.
- Offshore Work Orders: Mentor PowerObjects’ offshore team, including the review and quality improvement of specifications and technical work orders.
- Best Practices: Deliver and instill best practices on all project deliverables and Proven Process, including customer/internal communication, documentation, change management, and more, ensuring all resources are reusable.
- Mentorship: Mentor consultant teams and provide appropriate learning suggestions. Provide 1:1 guidance and support for all team members (scheduled and ad hoc). Monitor progress on team quarterly goals. Provide insight and recommendations on Delivery operations and process.
- Weekly Team Updates: Attend Delivery Lead status meetings (called Level 10s, or L10s) and rotate various Project Director L10s to stay in touch with the team, ensure best practices, and discuss any project issues.
- In addition, the PD will be responsible for the following, as needed:
- Mentor other consultants in terms of PM, BA, and/or Technical skills
- Be a PowerObjects University (PowerU) Instructor
- Be an advisor to customers and other consultants
- Help customers define processes when there are no processes in place
- Advise customers on best practices for Microsoft Dynamics 365 processes, user interface, and architecture
- Assist technical consultants with architecting D365 or xRM system, related customizations, and reporting to model the client’s organizational processes
- Facilitate team resources in the implementation of data migration and translation, data integration, training and custom development, and reports
- Schedule work to be done and follow up to ensure completion within the project schedule
- Supervise the tasks and deliverables of the project team to meet project milestones and deliverables
- Maintain risks and issues lists (usually in SharePoint)
- Exhibit PowerObjects’ Guiding Principles
- Minimum 3 years of Dynamics 365 Project Management, Business Analysis, and/or Technical Lead experience
- Sound knowledge and/or certification on Project Management and different Project Management styles like Waterfall, Agile, Scrum etc.
- Ability to manage or lead multiple large projects (6-18 months) with advanced organisational skills
- Up-to-date understanding of business processes, issues, and technology especially related to the operation of a sales, marketing, and customer service departments within an organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to speak with team members and clients at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to balance short-term demands while maintaining the long-term vision needed to guide a customer through the implementation process
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Visio