Importing a New PowerPack
The first step in getting started with any managed solution in Microsoft Dynamics 365 is to import the solution under the Solution section in D365, as shown below.
- To begin the import process, navigate to Settings > Solutions in your D365 environment.
- Click on the Import icon.
IMPORTANT: If you do not have the proper security permissions to upload a solution, you may need to contact your D365 Admin.
- “Browse” and select the PowerPack solution file that you have previously downloaded to your desktop, once the zip file is populated select Next.
- The next screen will verify the details of the solution you are about to import, select Next to move on.
- On the next screen you will have to make sure that the “Enable any SDK message processing steps included in the solution” option is selected. Once this box is checked, select Import in the lower right corner.
IMPORTANT: If you do not select this checkbox, the solution will not function properly.
- Once you have selected the import button a new dialog box will appear showing you a progress bar for the import. This step usually takes 5–10 minutes, depending on the complexity of the solution.
- Once the import has completed, you will see a screen with an overview of the import and components. Simply close and move onto the registration process.
Once the import has completed, double-click on the PowerPack solution you just imported from the solutions list in D365. This will open the configuration screen of the PowerPack solution, where you can select if you'd like to register for a 30-day free trial or subscribe to the add-on.
Under the General section, fill in the required information, including your communication preferences, and click Submit under the “Profile” tab of the form.
Some PowerPack solutions require connections back to your CRM environment to process data from our cloud. If your PowerPack requires this connection, you’ll see fields for service user username and password. If that is the case, please input credentials of a user that has, at minimum, the Powerxxx Service User security role assigned. This security role includes the minimum level of access this user needs in order for the add-on to function properly.
Note: This user cannot have two-factor or multi-factor authentication turned on.
For information on using the solution please refer to the corresponding user guide.