If you're considering a switch from Salesforce to Microsoft, you probably have some questions. For instance, what should you consider from a business planning perspective to ensure your transition is as hassle free as possible?
Today’s oil and gas industry faces many of the same challenges it’s faced for generations:
• Equipment breakdowns that halt operations
• Volatile energy prices in the marketplace
• A shifting competitive landscape with emerging renewable and sustainable energies
• Worker safety in the field
In recent years, new challenges have begun to emerge: the industry must confront both an aging workforce and an ever-widening skills gap. Fewer new technicians choosing oil and gas combined with experienced technicians getting left behind by a rapidly modernizing industry means a tremendous need for training, guiding, and mentoring. Traditionally, these activities are face to face, which is costly in terms of wages and travel, as well as a prohibitive safety issue during a pandemic.
What do you do?
Enter the newest generation of Microsoft technology: Dynamics 365 Remote Assist. This tool empowers technicians to collaborate more efficiently by working together from different locations, eliminating the need to send teams of two into the field!
Remote Assist is used in conjunction with any android or iOS device – or using HoloLens 2, a pair of smart glasses that – in tandem with Dynamics 365 Remote Assist – empowers remote workers to collaborate as though they are standing side by side.
Bottom line? Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows for:
• Empower your technicians to solve problems faster the first time. By using heads-up video calling on Microsoft HoloLens-2 and mobile devices, technicians can receive guidance in context from remote collaborators.
• Empower your onsite inspectors to collaborate with remote inspectors to evaluate and document asset quality.
• Document repairs via photos and videos and share them with the rest of your organization in real-time or via recordings.
In other words, using the right technology eliminates the inefficiencies, high-costs, and safety risks normally associated with training and upskilling. So how do you get there?
With help from HCL-PowerObjects, of course. We are entrenched in Oil and Gas, with many of the industry’s largest companies among our clients. And because the Oil and Gas industry has so many variations in terms of size, scope, and complexity, the digital transformations we deliver are always customized to meet the unique needs of your business. In fact, the only thing that never changes is our use of the tried and trusted solutions in the Microsoft technology stack.
And our breadth of experience with mixed reality differentiates HCL-PowerObjects among Microsoft partners in the oil and gas channel. So, whether you want to go all in with HoloLens-2 or just stick with the basic Field Service workload, we’re the partner for you. We’ve seen your unique challenges and we’ve solved them. We want to make mixed reality your business reality. Contact us to get started.