In this webinar, our experts showcase a variety of demo use cases of how different components of the...
In CRM 2013, there is an out-of-the-box Quick Create View Form for contacts. We will use this form in this example. (You can always build a different quick view form if need be.)
2. Once you have the form open, go to the top menu and select Insert. From that menu, you can select Quick View Form.
3. Now setup the Quick View Control Properties. Provide a name and label and choose if you want the label to be displayed on the form. Then specify the lookup field. In this example, we are going to use the regarding field. Now you will want to select the related entity. Select Contact. Then select your Quick View Form. Once you have all the required pieces, select OK.
4. Now you should be back to the form, and the quick view form should be added. You can adjust where this information is displayed just like another other field on the form. Make sure you save and publish the changes that you have made.
5. Now you can see this in action by creating a phone call that is regarding a contact. Once the regarding field is populated with a contact record, the quick view form will be displayed.
6. One great thing about the quick view form is that it will only display when the Regarding field is set to a contact. If you were to create a phone call for an account, you will see that the quick view form does not display!
Adding a contact quick view form to the phone call entity in CRM 2013 is just one of many ways that can take your Dynamics CRM to the next level. Keep checking our blog for more helpful how-to guides and tips!