When you are working with Marketing Lists in Dynamics CRM 2013 you may want think about additional functionalities such as adding columns to a marketing list members sub-grid, as opposed to simply out of the box Members sub-grid. This could be information like email, company name and more. Full Name and Business Phone are the only fields exposed out of the box.
It's simple to do; here's how!
Here you see the out of the box Marketing List form view. Let's go through the steps to add those columns!
1. Navigate to Settings > Customization.
2. Find the Contact Entity and click on Views > Contact List Members View.
3. Click on Add Columns to add any additional columns you want to surface. In this example email was added.
Adding or Removing Columns
- To move the columns from left to right, select the column then use the arrows (circled in green in the above image) to move the column left or right.
- To add columns, select the columns you want to add.
- To configure the sorting, choose ascending or descending.
- Change Properties allows you to make columns wider or narrower.
- Select a column to remove it.
- Click Save and Close.
- Publish your changes.
Viola! You have now surfaced additional information for your Marketing Members sub-grid.
Interested in learning more? Check out an overview of Marketing Lists in the PowerObjects CRM Book – hands down the best online Dynamics resource out there. Happy CRM'ing!